When it comes to getting a dental filling, there are many options a dentist can choose from, including amalgam, composite resin, and porcelain. Porcelain fillings are an excellent choice for those suffering from a dental cavity. Made entirely from porcelain, it is a cost-effective option for those in the Salt Lake City, Utah area. At Cannon Dental, Dr. David Cannon offers porcelain fillings to patients looking for a durable tooth restoration that is also biocompatible.
The Benefits of Porcelain
When you choose a porcelain dental filling, you will be picking a material that is great for filling cavities and keeping further tooth decay from developing. Because the porcelain material is white in color, you will also be choosing a material that makes your tooth look healthier than ever before, thanks to its white, natural appearance.
Some other benefits of porcelain dental fillings include the following:
- Highly stable
- When bonded to a tooth, it can last up to 30 years
- Completely natural in appearance
- Enhance the appearance of your smile
- Highly durable
- Will extend the life of your damaged tooth
- Made from porcelain, which is a material resistant to abrasion and staining
Porcelain Filling Safety
If you visit the dentist regularly, you will likely want to make sure it remains in great shape. When it comes to discussing treatment options, you will want to ensure that the proposed treatment is safe for your oral health and overall well-being. When you get a dental filling, it will remain in your mouth constantly for years to come, so knowing that the materials used are safe is likely a significant concern you may be having. When it comes to porcelain fillings, you can rest easy knowing they are completely safe and even considered biocompatible.
Here are some reasons why porcelain fillings are one of the safest treatment options available to you:
- There is no mercury in a porcelain filling
- Because they are biocompatible, you should not experience any adverse reactions
- No BPA products of any kind in a porcelain filling
- Readily available and very affordable
To schedule an appointment with Dr. David Cannon at Cannon Dental, please call (801) 406-9985.