If you have dentures, you know that they are not just an important financial investment, but are also crucial to your ability to eat well and speak and smile with confidence. With regular denture exams & maintenance at Cannon Dental, patients in the Salt Lake City, UT area can enjoy properly fitting dentures and great oral health for years to come.
What do denture exams involve?
Denture exams are an important component of your overall oral health regimen. These visits consist of several steps that are specifically designed to help keep your dentures comfortable and performing optimally, as well as ensuring that your overall oral health remains optimal.
- Medical and dental history: Did you know that certain medical and dental conditions can change the way that your dentures fit, in addition to affecting your overall health and well-being? By taking the time to review any changes to your medical and dental history since your last visit, we can proactively address any issues that may affect your dentures and oral health.
- Oral exam: In addition to checking your gums and soft tissues and ensuring that your dentures are not irritating them or affecting their health, we perform an oral cancer screening to detect any cancerous or pre-cancerous lesions at an early stage
- Bone and tissue assessment: After tooth loss, your bone can begin to deteriorate, and ill-fitting dentures can also lead to changes in your bone and tissues; with regular check-ups, we can evaluate these changes and offer solutions for treating them
- Denture fit, function, and comfort: Dr. Cannon evaluates your dentures at each visit to ensure that they still fit and function optimally, and talks with you about any discomfort or issues you are having so they can be remedied
- Denture cleaning and polishing: We clean and polish your dentures for a healthy, fresh smile
In addition, we can use these visits as an opportunity to answer any questions you have about denture care and best practices for oral hygiene at home.
To schedule your routine denture maintenance appointment, call Cannon Dental today at (801) 406-9985! We serve patients in the Salt Lake City, Bountiful, Holladay, West Valley, and surrounding communities, and look forward to helping you maintain functional and comfortable dentures for healthy, happy smiles.