It’s important to have regular dental checkups and teeth cleaning because just brushing and flossing diligently isn’t enough. If you live in Salt Lake City, Utah, you have an excellent option for teeth cleaning and a checkup with Dr. David Cannon and the team at Cannon Dental.
Benefits of Regular Professional Teeth Cleaning and Checkups
Naturally, brushing your teeth and flossing every day is essential, but the problem is that brushing won’t remove tartar.
What is tartar? When plaque on your teeth begins to harden, it turns into tartar. This is especially a problem in areas of the teeth that are difficult to reach with a toothbrush and dental floss.
When you have your teeth cleaned professionally, your smile will be brighter, but there are also important health reasons to take care of your teeth. Below are some reasons to visit your dentist twice a year for a teeth cleaning and checkup.
- Only professional cleaning can remove tartar. Brushing and flossing at home aren’t enough.
- When you have your dental checkup, your dentist will catch early signs of cavities, tooth decay, and gum disease.
- Sometimes fillings start to erode, and your dental team will notice this in time.
What Happens at a Teeth Cleaning and Checkup?
Fortunately, routine dental cleanings are done quickly at your dentist’s office. Here is what happens when you go for your teeth cleaning and checkup.
- The team will remove the tartar from your teeth. Tartar is hardened plaque and can only be removed by a professional.
- Once the tartar is removed, the team will remove the plaque that has coated your teeth.
- When the plaque and tartar are gone, your dental hygienist will polish your teeth until their smooth and clean.
- After your dental cleaning is done, the dentist will perform a thorough examination of your teeth and gums.
Dentist for Teeth Cleaning in Salt Lake City, Utah
When it’s time for your teeth cleaning and checkup, Dr. David Cannon and his team at Cannon Dental in Salt Lake City, Utah, are here to serve you, you can call us at (801) 406-9985 or request an appointment online today.